Everyone is looking forward to playing Diablo Immortal. Asia, as well as other countries are no exception. Die-hard Diablo fans or just folks that are eager to find out whether the game was worth the wait. When Blizzard announced that Asia would get to play in June 2022, most were disappointed when they found out that the Diablo Immortal Asia Pacific release date would be June 22, 2022. Blizzard might as well have said that it would be July 2022 and then generously let people play a week early. Why they did it this way, we will never know.
Countries like the Netherlands and Belgium will not have access to the game because the loot boxes or “surprise mechanics”, as Blizzard calls them, are legally not allowed. Long story short, loot boxes came to the attention of the government in those countries because of FIFA 21, and decided that loot boxes allegedly simulate gambling on a game that kids are playing. A law was later passed and the rest is history.
Worry not because players that are left out can still play early on the PC with the steps below. Some may find it complicated but rest assured that it does work. The PC gaming version is currently still in open beta while the mobile version is the final product. Expect a few bugs here and there if you’re playing on PC. Please note that the same guide should work on mobile devices as well with few differences. Also, the steps should be fairly safe, however, you should still be careful, especially when choosing VPNs. With that said, do this at your own risk.
Before you follow the steps, please make sure your PC is capable of running the game. The specifications are not that high end but that is to be expected from a game that is meant for mobile phones.
- Operating System: Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10/ Windows 11 (64-bit)
- CPU: AMD FX-8100 or Intel Core i3
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850, or Intel HD Graphics 530
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Disk Size Requirements: 27 GB
- Operating System: Windows 10/ Windows 11 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5
- GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Disk Size Requirements: 27 GB
Mobile Device Requirements
- OS: Android 5.0 or higher
- Processor: Snapdragon 660 / Exynos 9611 or higher
- Video: Adreno 512 / Mali-G62 MP3 or higher
- RAM: 2GB
- Device: iPhone 6 or newer
- OS: iOS 11 or higher
Guide to Access Diablo Immortal in Asia
1. Create a dummy Battle.net account. Make sure the location is in a region that allows players to currently play Diablo Immortal. For this particular scenario. Canada works just fine. The creation of the account will be done only once however it will be needed during every login so make sure not to forget the username and password.
2. Next is to download a VPN, like Windscribe. This VPN was chosen because it gives you 10GB of data per month if you create an account. Keep this installed because, like the battle.net account, this too will be used during every login if you do not follow the extra steps mentioned. Make sure to set the location correctly. In this case, Canada is still the preferred choice.
Now that you are logged in with your main battle.net account and switch back to the game. It should then proceed to the game itself and allow you to play.
The only thing tedious about this process is creating the dummy battle.net account and VPN. Aside from those steps, it is not so bad especially once you get used to it. Mobile users could also try it out, Windscribe or other preferred VPNs are still downloadable on mobile and should work the same way.
It is recommended to choose a server with the least ping to avoid a negative experience. Also, you can fiddle around with the settings and choose what is best for you and your PC. After doing all that, it would be time to create a character. The level of customization is impressive, especially for a supposed mobile game. Also note that unlike Diablo 3, perks of characters like paragon levels are not available at the time of this writing. This means that if you make an alternate character, there will not be advantageous buffs from the main character to help with the progress.
For PC players, if you want to take it one step further, you can follow the additional steps so you would not need the VPN anymore. The steps are considered technical to some so please follow accordingly.
1. First step is to navigate to the location below.
Create a shortcut on your desktop for the DiabloImmortal.exe file. You can do this by right-clicking the DiabloImmortal.exe file and choose Create Shortcut.
2. Copy the shortcut to the Desktop. You can either drag it to the desktop or press CTRL+C and go the desktop window and press CTRL+V.
3. Right-click on the Diablo Immortal shortcut but this time click on Properties afterward.
4. In the target field, copy and paste the text below. Please note that the location in between the quotations should match where the game is installed on your computer. Another thing to point out is if you are typing the commands after the end quotation, make sure there is a space between the “ and the -.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo Immortal\Engine\Binaries\Win64\DiabloImmortal.exe” -launcherlogin —dx11 —sound-api=wwise —start=Python -uid anbs
5. Once this is done, you can close the Blizzard launcher and keep the VPN off. You will no longer need both to play the game. Click on the shortcut to launch the game. It may crash once when the login screen loads but that is normal. Once in the game again, it will prompt for your blizzard account. Just sign in with your main account and it will allow you to play.
At this point, hopefully, you have successfully done with steps without any issues and would now be able to play the game. All that’s left to say is “Stay awhile” and go save the Sanctuary.